Career After 12th in Biotechnology
Biotechnology: “A vast area of Biology which involves organisms and living systems to develop products and technologies that help in the enhancement of human life”.
Breaking the term to make it simpler, Biotechnology is clubbed knowledge of Biology with Technology where both these aspects help humans to enhance their life and make things easier for mankind. Biotechnology works on the living organisms and processes that have one thing DNA in them.
The students with PCB as their major subjects think that the only career option they have after 12th exams are a doctor or a pharmacist. But hello wait. You ain’t limited to just thee 2 options. Fortunately, you can definitely opt for something different and unbeaten track of Science that is Biotechnology. It is a hat once a lucrative career option for students who want to evolve their skills in the biotech field.
Biotechnology is one popular multidisciplinary branch of Science among students who have completed 12th class in science stream as the main subject. The vast scope of biotechnology attracts all those students who want to explore the diverse, new and continuously evolving field of science. A career of a science student is not restricted to become a doctor or pharmacist only as the wide scope of Biotechnology offers several lucrative career opportunities.
Also, the career in Biotechnology does not stick to a particular industry, it is so vast that it touches almost every industry. The main industrial sectors include food, manufacturing, textiles, agriculture, animal husbandry, pharmaceutical and many more.
Students who are willing to make their careers in Biotechnology can choose from a variety of options, there are undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma courses and certificate courses available for the students.
Career After 12th in Biotechnology:
1.Biotechnology Courses after high secondary
- Bachelor of Engineering in Biotechnology
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Biotechnology
- Bachelor of Science in Advanced Zoology
- Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Biotechnology
- Bachelor of Science in Zoology and Animal Biotechnology
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Biotechnology
- Bachelor of Science + Master of Science in Biotechnology
- Bachelor of Technology in Biotechnology
- Bachelor of Technology in Bioprocess Technology
- Bachelor of Technology in Molecular & Cellular Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology in Industrial Microbiology
Postgraduate Programs in Biotechnology
- M.Sc. in Biotechnology
- M.Sc. in Medical Biotechnology
- M.Sc. Nano-biotechnology
- M.E in Bio Informatics
- M.tech in Biotechnology
- M.Tech in BioProcess Engineering
- M.tech in Industrial Biotechnology
1.B.Tech. + M.Tech. (Biotechnology): It is a five year integrated dual degree course to excel career in the area of Biological science& technology.
- Dr. B. Lal Institute of Biotechnology(Advanced Diploma Course( Biotechnology): A diploma course where students are prepared to work in medical research, clinical research and academic research.
- Diploma in Biotechnology Engineering: A three years course that can be pursued after 10th class. It is a diploma level program.
4. Certificate Course in Biotechnology:
- Certificate Course in Advanced Biotechnology:
- Certificate in Biotechnology and Plant Tissue Culture:
- Post M.D. Certificate Course (Biotechnology):
This one year course allows a student to study the natural sciences, which further allows you to opt advanced courses of biological sciences includes molecular biology, cellular biology, physiology, animal biology, ecology, plant biology, animal biology and microbiology
Steps to become a Bio Technologist:
- Choose science in school with PCM or PCB as your main subjects. Only science students can opt for Biotechnology after 12th.
- Prepare for entrance exams: It is not possible to enter in the best colleges and institutes without fighting entrance exams. You can fight for various state level or national level exams to qualify yourself for the next procedure.
- Get your bachelor’s degrees like B.Sc or B.Tech or maybe any other course in biotechnology from a reputed institution.
- Go for an internship during your college years.
- Go grab your job.
Career prospects for students opting Biotechnology:
Biotechnology is the fastest evolving field offering a good number of opportunities to students. There are various researches and other programs going on throughout the world that recruit biotechnology students with fresh and competitive brains. You can try various forte and grab a job in the reputed company. The fields that are open for biotech students are:
- Agricultural and food scientist
- Agriculture engineer
- Biomedical Engineer
- Animal scientist
- Food Scientist
- Soil and Plant Scientist
- Clinical research
- Government policymaking
Job profiles Biotechnology students can opt for are:
- Research scientist and Senior Research Associate
- Quality Control Officer
- Quality control worker
- Project manager
- Environment specialist
- Director of quality
- Sales representative
- Bioinformatics engineer or scientist
- Lab Technician
- Facilities Technician
Thank you for considering us to guide your way through your career after 12th. If you still have any confusion or doubts, you can contact us and our executives would hear all your confusion and would suggest the best way out.
- Want to make a career in biotechnology after 12th grade? This blog guide is for students who just passed 12th grade and want to make a career in biotechnology.