Highest Paying Salary Jobs in Biotechnology
Albert Einstein said “Imagination is more important than knowledge” but the fact is what common people can only imagine, biotechnologist with their productive knowledge can make it into reality, be it vaccine development for dreadful virus-like COVID-19 or interacting with life-controlling molecules like DNA, RNA, and proteins.
There is a dominant ideology that pursuing biotech can only open the door for the R&D sector. The truth is careers in biotech ranges from Drug development, biochemist, biophysicist, Medical Scientist, Food processing, biomanufacturing specialists, Environment control, Waste management, Toxicologist and even in beauty care products manufacturing and scientific writing too.
Biotechnology is absolutely linked with health, agricultural sectors, and many more.
If a person is a Graduate in biotech then he/she can be employed as Biochemist, Biophysicist with minimum wage. Post Graduation opens up many job options like QA, QC, etc in the private sector. Below, explore average annual wages and job opportunities for many of today’s leading biotechnology careers.
1. Biomedical Engineer: $91,410
2. Biochemist and Biophysicists: $94,490
3. Biotechnology Research Scientist: $87,418
4. Biomanufacturing Specialists: $83,017
5. Medical Scientist: $88,790
6. Microbiologist: $75,650
7. Process Development Scientists: $94,739
8. Product Management Director: $143,402
- Any student with a proper fellowship like CSIR/UGC NET, DBT, INSPIRE, etc can also get desirable jobs and salaries within a good private as well as government institute.
- Besides teaching there is broad scope in R&D sector with a good salary package and an experience too.
- A doctorate degree i.e. PhD adds further options along with well payment and also a post of Research Associate (RA)
Recently, during the pandemic companies like Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories, Astra Zeneca, etc are hiring knowledgeable freshers as well as professionals so as to be prepared for any upcoming pandemic with a good wage.